FYI The Weekender

8:15 PM

Hey you guys! I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start! This weekend was pretty fun filled with events and networking of course! I’m here to give you the rundown of those festivities!
 
 My first event that I attended was the pre-grand opening of the Browning Learning Academy. This event was not fashion related but we must shine light on people who are trying to better themselves and the community. Founder Andrea Smith, MBA, MPA, states that “The browning Learning Academy, Inc. seeks to create a hands-on teaching environment that encourages learning through age-appropriate, development-appropriate & movement-based instructional activities…Each student’s self-esteem and individual needs are fostered by positive relationships with students and staff.” 
 
 

 
 

 
Good Luck Andrea! I wish the best for you and the Browning Learning Academy!!
 
 
Saturday I attended my good friend Taylor Morgan’s (@electricstyle) benefit concert “Whispers in the Wind”. There was definitely some awesome talent in the room! Don’t let me forget to mention how good the crowd looked! 

Taylor picked  a great place to have the concert. Anytime where there are drinks, smooth sounds and accompanied by great people, sounds like a good night to me!
 







 
 
 
 
 
 


 I’m starting to enjoy live performances more. I like when singers and musicians make the audience involved with their performance. Stage presence is a must for me to tune in! Kudos to Taylor for selecting a great group of musicians!
 
 Photography- Fotophresh by DG



Sunday, was an event that I got noticed on last minute but glad I attended! Tim Jon Salon presented a fall style premiere where panelist gave tips and info about different looks to achieve. The panel included the make-up brand Glamour RX, Luxury Trade, Katera Collection, Endless Flow Hair and hairstylist from Tim Jon Salon.

Check below of some of the looks that this awesome panel put together!
 






 

 
 

 
 
 





Special thanks to Bethany of Endless Flow Hair (@endlessflowhair) for the invite!

This weekend will be pretty chill for me. No events but I’m planning for the Fall Fashion mixer 2014! Stay tuned!
 
JL


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook