Memoirs of a Bridesmaid (Discussion)

4:08 PM

So I’m a little excited about today’s discussion topic! I have been asked about 3 times in the past couple months on what is a good price to pay for a bridesmaids’ dress and shoes?  

After doing some research, the average for paying for a decent bridesmaid dress is $150 before alterations. And remember you still have to get your shoes, accessories, hair & makeup done. OH! Don’t forget the bachelorette party/vacation trip and bridal shower!  As far as shoes I wouldn’t want to pay over $50 for shoes that I would probably only wear once.



Below are some questions from an anonymous reader who needs her questions answered from you future and past brides!  

1. What all is required of me if I say yes?


2. How much do I have to spend to contribute to your special day?
- dress, shoes, jewelry, bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc.

3. Are brides considered of the shapes of their bridesmaids for the type of dresses she wants them to wear? We are not all shaped alike.(busty, wide hips, big behinds)




*ANOMNYMUS NOTE*Please consider our bank accounts when finding things we have to buy. I'm not the one getting married; it's not "MY" special day so I shouldn't be spending money like it is. All eyes will not be on me. Yes bridesmaids should be coordinated but all bridesmaids aren't all the same size, shape, color or height. The same exact everything will not work for us all.

I am all for helping you celebrate your special day but I don't want to break my bank. I want to wear comfortable shoes & for once wear a dress that I will likely wear again someday.

What are your thoughts for today’s topic? Are brides asking too much of their brides to contribute for their day?!



Be sure to join in on the conversation on Instagram (@fyijoycelynn), Facebook (Joyce-Lynn Williams) or comment below! 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I think that if you plan to have a large wedding party you should definitely be considerate of their budget... As much as they would be honored to share in your special day.. Their pocket book may not be so happy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed.. So do you only ask people to be in your wedding who you think can only afford it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree as well, but I don't think you have to only ask those you think can afford it. Just be mindful of how much the items you want them to personally purchase total up to & think about it from a bridesmaid perspective. It doesn't hurt to ask for the bridesmaid financial opinions lol then gage the decisions from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No.. You ask those whom you want.. If they can't financially do it then you either adjust what u want accordingly so that they can.. Depends in the bride though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Alicia that's a better way of saying what I was trying to say lol thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Alicia that's a better way of saying what I was trying to say lol thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Labels

Like us on Facebook